Our vision is for a fair and compassionate Scotland where everyone is valued and able to flourish. Over the next decade, we will use all of our tools and resources to work with others to reduce poverty and trauma. We are driving our work through four themes:
- Education pathways
- Emotional wellbeing and relationships
- Financial security
- Work pathways
The Learning and Communications Team supports all of The Robertson Trust’s teams to generate insights into ways of tackling and preventing poverty and trauma and understanding the differences that we help to make happen. We support the work of colleagues across The Trust, share insights internally and externally to support our continuous improvement, and to influence the work of others.
We are looking for two people to join our Learning and Communications Team as Learning Officers to support with the creation, use and sharing of key insights both internally and externally. Key responsibilities will include:
- Help develop and sustain in-depth understanding of the views and needs of people with experience of poverty and trauma, and of relevant evidence, policy and practice.
- Provide learning, communications and advocacy support to teams across the Trust.
- Support communications and advocacy work across The Robertson Trust.
- Help to understand our contribution to making change happen.
A full job description is available here.
We are looking for someone with relevant experience in research and evaluation, who will embody the values of The Trust.
You should have a passion for tackling poverty and trauma, an understanding of the causes and impacts of poverty and trauma for individuals, families, and communities and ideally some understanding of one or more of our themes.
You must have a keen interest for increasing participation and finding appropriate ways to amplify the voice of those with experience of poverty and trauma in the work that we do.
You should feel confident working collaboratively with colleagues across the organisation so that we can create a shared ownership of learning and communications.
- Salary £31,842
- 35 days holiday per calendar year, inclusive of public holidays
- Pension - 10% employer contribution or 14% if employee contribution is 7%
- Private healthcare
- Annual Travel Pass Loan
- Employee Assistance Programme
The Robertson Trust is testing approaches to hybrid working. Applications for flexible working will be considered.
How to apply
To apply please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and a covering letter explaining why you want to work for The Robertson Trust and how you are suited to this role. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
Closing date for applications is Sunday 10th July 2022. First interviews will take place on 28th July.