The scheme was established in 2014 to help our current 3rd year Robertson Scholars to enhance their C.V and gain valuable experience in the workplace before entering their final year of university.
We are keen to hear from potential hosts from all sectors.
Interested in hosting? Key details include:
- The Internship Scheme is fully funded by The Robertson Trust. We can fund up to 225 hours of work experience or shadowing for each scholar and this can be completed full-time or part-time. Each scholar will receive a bursary for the duration of their internship.
- We are completely flexible and leave it up to the host organisation to agree the start date and schedule of hours with the scholar.
- You would get the chance to interview interested scholars and choose who you think would be best suited to the organisation.
- If interested in hosting an intern, you would be required to complete an internship overview template for the potential internship, please email email@example.com to request the template for this.
- At this stage, you can note your interest by email and send the internship overview at a later date. The deadline for the overview is Friday 25th February.
Download our flyer for our internship scheme here.
Full details of our data protection practices can be found in the data protection policy on our website.
Who are the Robertson scholars?
Since 1992, The Robertson Trust have identified and assisted over 1000 16–25-year-olds who have the ability but not necessarily the means to get the most out of a university education. As well as receiving a 4-year bursary award from The Trust, all Robertson scholars participate in our Journey to Success Programme which is designed as a personal development and training programme which is designed to build self-confidence, presentation skills and other career related qualities.