Revenue and capital funding for constituted community groups and small charities with an annual income of under £25,000.
Applications now open!
Following a successful pilot last year, our Wee Grants is now a permanent funding offer. The pilot reached a new audience of small charities and constituted community groups – we know the important work that these organisations do in their communities and we wanted to continue to support them.
For more details of the kind of work we fund, take a look at Who and what we fund.
- For constituted community groups* and charities with an annual income of less than £25,000
- Funding of up to £2,000 for one year only
- Could cover revenue or capital costs to support your work
- Apply anytime – no set closing date
- Decision within 8 weeks.
*Definition: A constituted community group is a community group that has a constitution and charitable aims, but is not registered as a charity or registered with any other regulatory body.
Guidance highlights – you’ll need:
- A management committee or board with at least three members (two of them unconnected)
- A bank account in the name of the group or charity
- A safeguarding policy if you’re working directly with children, young people or vulnerable adults
- An independent referee if you are a community group or a newly registered charity.
Read the full guidance
View the detailed guidance for Wee Grants.
Go to the application form
File an online application for a Wee Grant.
What's important to us
Read about the key criteria we consider when assessing applications.