We are delighted to announce that our new pilot, Wee Grants for Wee Groups, is now open for applications!
We hope that we’ve given you all the information in the sections below that you need to apply for a Wee Grant but appreciate you may still have some questions around this. While we are happy to help we ourselves are only a wee team so we would be grateful if you could read our guidance documents before getting in touch!
View our guidance document here. Once you have read that, you can access our application form here. Printing the form? Save on printing costs by downloading our printer-friendly form (black and white, no front cover, no sample report)
So, what's it all about?
We want to support smaller charities and community groups who are doing good work in their communities which fits one of our funding strands:
- Care and Wellbeing - Improving the quality of life for those affected by physical and/or mental health issues and their carers
- Strengthening Communities - Increasing the ability and capacity of people and communities to create solutions which address local need
- Realising Potential – Developing confidence and resilience in young people, particularly those who face barriers to success
Wee Grants can be from £500-£2,000 and can fully fund or part fund your work. This can include your day to day running costs such as rent or utilities, project costs, sessional staff and items such as equipment or training materials.
Can I apply?
You will need to be a constituted community group or small registered charity with an annual income of £100,000 or less to be able to apply for a Wee Grant.
You must have:
- a minimum of 3 members on your Board/Management Committee, at least two of whom are unconnected
- bank account in your organisation’s own name, with two unconnected people required to make withdrawals or payments
- recent annual accounts, showing your organisation’s income, expenditure and funds held.
If you are a community group you must also have a constitution which:
- is in your organisation’s own name
- has been signed, dated and adopted by your management committee
- meets the requirements outlined in our document ‘What do we look for in a constitution?’
We are unable to accept applications form the following organisations and any we do receive will not be taken forward:
- Organisations who are already in receipt of funding from The Robertson Trust
- Organisations which distribute funding to third parties
- Umbrella organisations which do not provide direct services
- Community interest companies, limited companies and community benefit societies
- Organisations with exclusive membership policies
How can I apply?
We’d appreciate it if you would read our guidance document first to make sure your organisation and the work you’d like us to support are eligible for funding. If you are, applying is easy! Simply download our short application form, complete this in full and email it to email@example.com. We appreciate some of you might like to complete this form offline so we will also happily accept paper copies of the completed form in the post. Please address these to Admin Team, The Robertson Trust, Robertson House, 152 Bath Street, Glasgow, G2 4TB.
When can I apply?
Now! There are no set deadlines and we will try and have a decision for you within 8-12 weeks. We hope to run the pilot for around six months and you can apply at any time during this period. We are however expecting demand to be high and it’s possible we may have to move this closing date forward if we receive higher than expected application numbers. If this is the case we will communicate this through our website and across our networks and social media channels.