Through our Open Awards Programme we provide around £16M in awards each year to organisations working in Scotland. We are a match funder (this means we do not fully fund projects or activities - more information is available in our guidance) and can consider both Revenue and Capital requests for funding.
- Capital awards may relate to the upgrading of buildings, refurbishment costs, vehicles or equipment. We may fund up to 25% of your capital costs
- Revenue awards relate to expenses associated with the direct delivery of your services and can include:
- salaries or sessional staff costs
- project costs (such as activity costs, volunteer expenses, transport, etc.)
- core (running) costs such as rent, heating and lighting - in such cases, the core work of your organisation should reflect at least one of our funding strands.
We may fund up to 50% of your revenue costs, but such awards generally do not exceed £20,000 per annum.
We also provide funding and support to organisations through our Scholarship and Social Impact programmes although these are not generally open to applications.
Did you know? On 27th June 2019, we launched on a new pilot, Wee Grants for Wee Groups. This is for application of £500-£2,000 and is open to both constituted community groups and registered charities. Find out more about this here.Previous: Our Funding Strands Next: FAQs