A Youth Work in Sport microsite which offers practical advice and information for organisations using sport/physical activity to engage and retain hard to reach young people.
Based on the experiences of the 11 community sports organisations across Scotland who helped to deliver Youth Work in Sport, a five-year partnership programme between The Robertson Trust, The Rank Foundation and YMCA George Williams College, the microsite is split into six sections which:
- give details of the purpose of the programme
- assess the impact of the programme based on the findings from the external evaluation by Substance, an independent research organisation
- provide practical advice and real-life examples about what works and the challenges faced when trying to engage hard to reach young people with sport and physical activity
- offer relevant case study interviews from programme partners
- signpost to other relevant resources for organisations looking for advice on where to turn to next
- provide details about each of the partners involved in the programme