In 2018 we received 224 applications from across Scotland. Each year we are able to accept between 150 and 160 students on our Journey to Success programme. There are normally around 650 Robertson Scholars at any one time.
We work with 10 of Scotland’s 19 universities and many secondary schools across the country to select young people aged 16-25 who have the ability but not necessarily the financial means to reach their potential by obtaining a good degree and a graduate career.
Students are nominated by their school or by a university with which we have a match-funding arrangement, we do not accept direct applications from students. Once accepted, the students are enrolled onto our Journey to Success bursary and self-development programme and our supported by the Trust throughout their time at university and beyond.
Please note that The Robertson Trust does not accept unsolicited applications from individuals
Criteria for selection
All applications must be submitted by one of our partner schools or universities according to the following guidelines:
- 16-25 year olds accessing a programme of undergraduate study at a Scottish University;
- Indication of financial need i.e. evidence of low income, receipt of EMA/Free School Meals;
- Commitment to learning and a keenness to participate on our self-development programme;
- Evidence of care experience impacting on education;
- Resident in Scotland at time of application;
- ‘Leave to remain’ within the UK;
- Candidates are assessed according to 75% financial need and 25% ability, although it is expected that recipients of the award are high achievers;
- Only first degrees will be considered.