We are seeking to hire a Career Development Officer with current experience of working with students in further and higher education to assist in the delivery of our Journey to Success Scholarship Programme with a particular emphasis on career pathways to graduate employment and alumni engagement.
The key focus of the role is on developing strong partnerships with key employers and extending the Trust’s support for Scholars during their final year at university and beyond their degree programme into graduate employment.
- Deliver an integrated career support programme for current Scholars;
- Deliver a career mentor programme for fourth year Scholars;
- Support and administer the Trust’s growing alumni network, with a focus on current Scholars and alumni helping each other and ‘giving back’;
- Report on key performance indicators for our graduate destinations;
- Build close relationships with key employers and recruitment agencies to ensure that our Scholars are able to successfully access graduate opportunities;
- Develop a set of online tools to back up our workshops and support Scholars in preparing for and succeeding at job applications;
- Deliver targeted career pathways as part of the Journey to Success programme for scholars;
- Support the internship programme including liaising with employers.
- Relevant professional qualification at SCQF level 9 or above (equivalent to degree level)
- Current experience of providing careers guidance to students in further and higher education.
- A careers guidance qualification (desirable)
- Ability to handle conflicting demands and to prioritise effectively
- Experience of further and higher education
- Excellent written and oral communication with a range of stakeholders at all levels, both internally and externally
- Work as part of a team and contribute to collaborative projects
- Ability to network, form positive partnerships and work in collaboration with others
- Ability to work confidently using their own initiative and balance conflicting priorities, exercising discretion and sound judgement in promoting The Trust to the external world.
- Ability to produce well-presented material using Microsoft Office applications
- £29,337 (FTE)
- 35 days holiday per calendar year (FTE)
- Pension - 10% employer contribution or 14% if employee contribution is 7%
- Death in Service 4 x salary or 8 x salary if employee contribution to pension
- BUPA healthcare
- Annual Travel Pass Loan
Please send a CV with covering letter to email@example.com
Closing Date: 12th July 2019