We are once again keen to hear from organisations who may be interested in hosting a Robertson Scholar for our Summer Internship Scheme next year.
The scheme was established in 2014 to help our current 3rd year Robertson Scholars to enhance their C.V and gain valuable experience in the workplace before entering their final year of university. Internships can last for up to 8 weeks and are fully funded by The Robertson Trust.
We are keen to hear from potential hosts from all sectors. Key information includes:
- The internship can last anything from 2 weeks to 8 weeks
- It can be part-time or full-time and has no fixed dates – we ask that you decide this with the successful candidate
- It will be fully funded by The Robertson Trust (payment made directly to student)
- If interested in hosting an intern you would be required to complete a job/role description for the potential internship, please email email@example.com to request the template required for this.
- You would get the chance to interview the interested scholars and choose who you think would be best suited to the role/organisation
Who are the Robertson Scholars?
Since 1992, The Robertson Trust have identified and assisted over 1000 high achieving young Scots who have the ability but not necessarily the means to get the most out of a university education. As well as receiving a 4 year bursary award from The Trust, all Robertson scholars participate in our Journey to Success Programme which is designed as a personal development and training programme which is designed to build self confidence,
presentation skills and other career related qualities.
Our scholars have completed internships in many organisations over the past few years including: Barclays, Walter Scott and Partners, Euan’s Guide, Aecom, Barnardos, Young Enterprise Scotland, EY Foundation, Scottish Chamber of Commerce, Cryptic Arts and many more.
Hear from past hosts and participants: